Ok, so here's the deal...I'm going to share my all time favorite marinade with you all! I've perfected it over the years and I can't seem to find one better than this concoction of "mouth-watering, earth shaking, need-more-on-my-plate" recipe for the ages!! TRUST ME and thank me later! ...you're welcome!
PREP TIME: 10min.
- 2-4 Steaks (Thawed Venison / Beef)
- 1 can Coca Cola
- 2 Large Gallon Ziplock freezer Bags
- 3 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 3 Tbsp Yellow Mustard
- 3 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 1/2 bottle of Italian Dressing
- Grill Mates Montreal Steak (or desired spices)
- Place thawed steaks in 1 Ziplock Bag, and pour Coca-Cola into that bag. Preferably let the steaks sit in the coke for at least 1 day in the refrigerator. The Coke breaks down the "gamey" enzymes and tenderizes the meat.
- Drain Coca Cola and leave steaks in bag, add Brown sugar, Yellow Mustard, Worcestershire sauce, Honey and Italian dressing into bag with the steaks.
- Drain air out of bag and place that ziplock bag containing the steaks inside the 2nd ziplock. Push around so steaks are properly coated on both sides with ingredients.
- Take hand and make fist, with medium pressure punch the steaks on the counter. This literally tenderizes them by hand, flip bag over and do again. (hence the 2nd ziplock so the bag doesn't explode, been there done that!) Place bag in fridge for 2 days ... I usually repeat this step before and after work for two days.
- GO PRE-HEAT THAT GRILL! take the steaks out of the bag with tongs and place directly on the grill. Lightly coat the steak with Grill Mates Montreal Steak seasoning, or Salt/Pepper.
- I usually like my steaks Med. - Med. Well (your choice) but for Med. place steaks for about 5 min on each side depending on your grill temp.
- Take off grill and place on a cutting board, cut that steak in thin strips with a sharp knife...I like eating my steaks like it's a finger food/snack!
- Enjoy and share that time with family and friends! You won't regret it.
Thanks all! hope you like it, if you have any other ideas send em' our way for a feature!!
- Cody VanDrunen